Dear friends, clients, and colleagues:
It is my great pleasure to share with you some exciting news for Levin-Epstein & Associates.
I have been selected for inclusion in the 2017 New York Metro Super Lawyers List as a “Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney,” a distinction awarded to only 2.5 percent of the lawyers practicing in the New York metro area. It is especially rewarding to be recognized for contributions to the New York legal and business community.
Additionally, the firm’s international arbitration practice has also received special recognition. Recently, I conducted a legal training session under the auspices of the Foreign and International Law Committee of the New York County Lawyers Association. This training dealt with the enforcement of foreign money judgments in New York, covering technical and practical aspects of the monetization of a foreign country money judgment.
I hope that you continue to refer clients to us and continue to be part of our success. You know me, you know my experience, and you know the quality of my work. I would be most grateful to be retained in these areas, among others:
- litigation before trial or appellate courts or administrative bodies, especially matters involving real estate, partnership disputes, and creditors’ rights;
- litigation avoidance – the crucial effort to negotiate agreements to resolve disputes before they cross the threshold of the courthouse;
- domestic and international arbitration and mediations;
- bankruptcy litigation and creditors’ rights work, including avoidance actions, preference actions, discharge and dischargeability actions;
- employment litigation in all aspects of employment law, including issues involving restrictive covenants and trade secrets, wage-and-hour issues, Fair Labor Standards Act issues, and breach of contract issues;
- business divorce litigation, including contested stock valuations, derivative actions and other disputes between owners of closely held business corporations;
- counseling and strategic planning that defy easy categorization, requiring a deep understanding of the pertinent legal issues and also of the business (and sometimes personal) considerations that must be taken into account to reach a favorable outcome; and
- representing investors, restauranteurs, restaurant management companies, and chefs in New York City’s hospitality sector.
I began by addressing you as “friends, clients, and colleagues.” One of the great joys of my professional life is that those categories substantially overlap. I am delighted to think of all my past and present colleagues and clients, who have become and remain friends, having given me the great honor of entrusting their legal matters to me. I am very glad to be able to count you among that group.
I look forward to you continuing to be part of our success. With heartfelt good wishes for a healthy, happy and productive rest of the year, I remain,
Joshua D. Levin-Epstein, Esq.