As we all face the unprecedented and challenging times ahead, Levin-Epstein & Associates, P.C. is reaching out to convey our prayers and good wishes for your health and well-being. Small businesses are especially hard hit by the pandemic, and we want to assure you that we are available to everyone to help with your legal concerns.
Since the pandemic, we have been advising clients daily on the array of relief programs that the federal, state, and local government have either proposed or enacted. Rest assured that we are working 24/7 during this crisis to help you in any way possible, so please don't hesitate to contact us with your business needs.
We are pleased to share with you some highlights for Levin-Epstein & Associates, P.C. in the first quarter of 2020.
We are excited to announce that Levin Epstein & Associates, P.C. will serve as of-counsel to Dai & Associates P.C., a boutique law firm specializing in the legal representation of Chinese clients in the U.S. We are pleased to be working with this outstanding group of attorneys and staff in an innovative law firm.
The beginning of the year has been off to a busy start as our federal court litigation practice continues to grow in-line with the increase in filings of cases brought under the Fair Labor Standards Act and under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The firm’s litigation achievements in the first quarter of 2020 include:
- Our Case Featured in the New York Law Journal. The firm obtained a favorable decision in the Commercial Division of the Supreme Court of New York against a national bank that sustained a cause of action for the bank’s deposit of a forged check in a six-figure amount. The case was included in the New York Law Journal’s column titled Decisions of Interest.
- Plaintiffs’-Side Fair Labor Standards Act Case. The firm favorably settled two separate FLSA actions for an aggregate settlement of over six figures.
- Successful Defense in Title III Americans with Disabilities Act Case. The firm prevailed on a motion to dismiss in a case brought under Title III of the ADA against our client that owned a building, in a case filed in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
The firm’s corporate achievements in the first quarter of 2020 include:
- Hospitality Practice. The firm represented several restauranteurs who are opening businesses in Manhattan, including key employee agreement and attendant legal matters.
- Severance and Termination Negotiations. The firm assisted several executive clients with negotiating severance agreements and exit packages.
We hope that you continue to refer clients to us and continue to be part of our success. You know us, you know our experience, and you know the quality of our work. We would be most grateful to be retained in these areas, among others:
- litigation before trial or appellate courts or administrative bodies, especially matters involving real estate, partnership disputes, and creditors' rights;
- litigation avoidance - the crucial effort to negotiate agreements to resolve disputes before they cross the threshold of the courthouse;
- domestic and international arbitration and mediations;
- bankruptcy litigation and creditors' rights work, including avoidance actions, preference actions, discharge and dischargeability actions;
- employment litigation in all aspects of employment law, including issues involving restrictive covenants and trade secrets, wage-and-hour issues, Fair Labor Standards Act issues, and breach of contract issues;
- business divorce litigation, including contested stock valuations, derivative actions and other disputes between owners of closely held business corporations; and
- counseling and strategic planning that defy easy categorization, requiring a deep understanding of the pertinent legal issues and also of the business (and sometimes personal) considerations that must be taken into account to reach a favorable outcome.